Urgent care services are available at the UW Neighborhood Ballard Clinic on a walk-in basis. Our urgent care services are available Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
UW Medicine urgent care clinics offer easily accessible urgent medical care when your primary care provider is not available for a same-day appointment. No appointment is necessary, and we welcome new patients and walk-ins. Urgent care clinics are open every day of the week and staffed by UW Medicine providers who can provide referrals to emergency services or specialists when medically appropriate.
Treat the following non-life threatening problems:
- Breathing problems: Coughs, colds, wheezing, mild asthma attacks, influenza, sinus infections and bronchitis
- Ear problems: Ear infections, earaches, foreign object in the ear, and ear wax removal
- Eye problems: Red eye, pink eye, and styes
- Migraines and headaches
- Musculoskeletal problems: Sprains, strains, and broken bones
- Skin problems: Rashes, minor burns cuts/scrapes, lacerations, bites, poison ivy, and abscesses/boils
- Stomach problems: Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, heartburn symptoms, and abdominal pain
- Urinary problems: Bladder and urinary tract infections, and concerns of a sexually transmitted infection
- Work Injuries (initiating L & I claim)
Our urgent care clinics do not offer intravenous (IV) fluids or medications, and we do not have narcotic medications on site.
When should I go to a hospital emergency department?
If you fear that you have a serious, life-threatening illness or injury such as stroke, heart attack, uncontrollable bleeding or head injury with loss of consciousness – call 911. You should seek care in an emergency room if you have the following:
- Chest pain or pressure
- Shortness of breath
- Severe burns, pain or head trauma
- Sudden loss of vision
- Broken bones with bone exposed
UW Medicine Virtual Clinic
Sometimes you need care when clinics are closed or it is inconvenient to leave your house. UW Medicine offers diagnosis and treatment for most urgent care conditions at any time of day or night through UW Medicine Virtual Clinic.
Board-certified physicians and nurse practitioners from Care Simple Providers assess, diagnose and recommend treatment for your condition via secure video chat or over the telephone. The cost is $40, no insurance necessary. UW Medicine Virtual Clinic providers will also let you know if you need to follow up with your primary care physician and can help you to find a primary care provider if you don’t already have one.
Learn more about UW Medicine Virtual Clinic.
Hours of OperationMon - Fri 10:00AM - 8:00PM
Sat 8:00AM - 6:00PM